Vayu / Air yoga mat
The Vayu/Air inspired yoga mat is infused with the goodness of Vembadam, Neem, and other herbs to boost your wellness, immunity and deep sense of content.
- 100% organic cotton and natural ingredients make it completely biodegradable and eco-friendly
- Free from synthetic dyes and chemicals
- Dyed with herbs to bring in the goodness of nature, using Ayurvedic principles for therapeutic benefits
- Anti-skid ribs and superior grip while doing your yoga practice through use of natural rubber and specialized weave design
- Exquisitely hand-woven by artisan communities that we support
- Carry it with comfort roll or fold
- Strap to carry on the move
- Size – L 72′′ x W 28′′ (L 182cm x W 71cm) Weight – 3 lb (1.3 kg)*
* Please note that there will slight variations in size and weight as they are handmade products.
- Hand Wash with mild eco-friendly detergent
- Line dry in shade
See FAQ - How to care for my ayuray yoga mat? section for more details)
- Vembadam - known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is a primary for our grey hue
I love to feel the warmth of the cotton beneath my feet during practice. It has a thin layer of rubber at the bottom side so it doesn't slip and it is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for any yoga.
I have been using this mat for about 2 months and I love it. It is very well made and adds a special touch to my home practice. I would agree with the other reviews that the thinness makes you feel more grounded and gives just the right amount of grip. I am very happy with this purchase. Also- It shipped so quickly: I expected that it would take weeks to receive but I had it within just a few days.
Beautiful work and this rug feels great to practice on !
Vayu / Air yoga mat
Practicing on this mat feels much more authentic and appropriate, than with a typical rubber mat. I love the fact that this mat is ultimately biodegradable, supports local artisans, and stays true to the traditional approach of Indian yoga mat. The natural fibers feel great under my feet and provide for better grounding. I would recommend this mat to anyone that is looking for a more authentic, sustainable and natural approach to their practice.
Thanks Manon! Appreciate your encouragement! We strive to do better for our environment and our artisans who make these wonderful products.