Men's Pants - Hand Dyed with Red Sandalwood
Inspired by the yogic philosophy of breathing with ease, our Men's Long Sleeve Kurta features an organic cotton kurta and a long-sleeved fit that’s easy to wear. Pamper your body with this traditional Indian wear this summer.
How is it made?
No synthetics, no chemicals, or nasties!
This kurta is all-natural - made with natural fibers - Organic cotton that is comfortable to wear with a soft texture, high absorbency, and quick drying. These natural fibers are infused with the goodness of ayurvedic herbs. Great for your skin and our planet.
The herbal infusion provides therapeutic benefits and a calming effect on your body and mind. The mellow soothing natural colors result from the herbal blend made from 20-25 different herbs.
Primary herbs in this kurta include:
Red Sandalwood is an excellent skin conditioner that soothes your skin and is a primary for reddish hues.
Buttons are made of coconut shells.
How to care for the fabric?
These fabrics are treated with a unique natural dyeing process. Over time these colors will evolve adding character to the beauty of the garment.
- Pre-wash before wear. with cold water, separately from other colors.
- Darker shades will migrate during the first 2-3 washes.
- Wash with mild detergent at 30 deg C.
- Hand wash or Gentle Cycle
- Do not bleach or dry clean or use a stain remover.
- Turn it inside out & line dry in shade, away from direct sunlight
Impact of your choice:
- Primarily it promotes wellness and protects, as your skin is wrapped around with ayurvedic herbs which have therapeutic properties.
- A choice that avoids petroleum-based raw materials - synthetic fibers, synthetic dyes, bleaches, mordants, finishing materials. All of these synthetics are contributors to the pollution of land and water bodies.
- The ayurvedic dyeing process is completely manual (no use of electricity). The sediments and water used in the process are used as manure and irrigating the farm at the dye house.
- Stable livelihood for the artisans and support for the cottage industry is essential for equitable growth and promoting slow fashion. We work with partners