True Indigo infused Flared T-shirt
How is it made?
No synthetics, no chemicals or nasties!
This T-shirt is all-natural - made with natural fibers - Organic cotton and Modal to give a soft texture, high absorbency, and quick drying. These natural fibers are infused with the goodness of ayurvedic herbs. Great for your skin and our planet.
The herbal infusion provides therapeutic benefits and a calming effect on your body and mind. The mellow soothing natural colors are also a result of the herbal blend made from 20-25 different herbs.
Primary herbs in this T-shirt include:
True Indigo (Indigofera Tinctoria): Indigofera tinctoria (Neelini Herb or True Indigo) is a plant species from the Fabaceae family that was and
still is one of the natural sources for indigo dye. Aside from being a dye source, Neelini is known for its use to treat spleen and liver disorders, fever, gray hair, rheumatoid arthritis, and other ailments. In Ayurveda, this herb is used mainly as an antidote or as an anti-venom. A primary herb for our shade of blue
How to care for the fabric?
These fabrics are treated with a unique natural dyeing process. Overtime these colors will evolve adding character to the beauty of the garment.
- Pre-wash before wear. with cold water, separately from other colors.
- Darker shades will migrate during the first 2-3 washes.
- Wash with mild detergent at 30 deg C.
- Hand wash or Gentle Cycle
- Do not bleach or dry clean or use a stain remover.
- Turn it inside out & line dry in shade, away from direct sunlight
Impact of your choice:
- Primarily it promotes wellness and protects, as your skin is wrapped around with ayurvedic herbs which have therapeutic properties.
- A choice that avoids petroleum-based raw materials - synthetic fibers, synthetic dyes, bleaches, mordants, finishing materials. All of these synthetics are contributors to the pollution of land and water bodies.
- The ayurvedic dyeing process is completely manual (no use of electricity). The sediments and water used in the process are used as manure and irrigating the farm at the dye house.
- Stable livelihood for the artisans and support for the cottage industry, which are essential for equitable growth and promoting slow fashion. We work with partners