Jal / Water yoga mat
The Jal/Water inspired yoga mat is infused with the goodness of True Indigo and other herbs to detoxify and induce a calming effect to “go with the flow”.
- 100% organic cotton and natural ingredients make it completely biodegradable and eco-friendly
- Free from synthetic dyes and chemicals
- Dyed with herbs to bring in the goodness of nature, using Ayurvedic principles for therapeutic benefits
- Anti-skid ribs and superior grip while doing your yoga practice through use of natural rubber and specialized weave design
- Exquisitely hand-woven by artisan communities that we support
- Carry it with comfort roll or fold
- Strap to carry on the move
- Size – L 72′′ x W 28′′ (L 182cm x W 71cm) Weight – 3 lb (1.3 kg)*
* Please note that there will slight variations in size and weight as they are handmade products.
- Hand Wash with mild eco-friendly detergent
- Line dry in shade
See FAQ - How to care for my ayuray yoga mat? section for more details)
- True Indigo - known for its purifying and detox capabilities, it is a primary for the natural blue tones.
When I discovered recently that the PVC May I’d been using the last 17 years was toxic to my health and is impossible to dispose of without releasing harmful and persistent dioxins into the environment, I searched for a replacement immediately. I wanted it to be as natural as possible and organic. I looked at all the eco options, including the “natural rubber” mats (all of which necessarily must include a small amount of synthetic rubber to hold them together and maintain their pliability) and not one fitted the bill completely (LiForme, Jade, Yogo…). When I stumbled across Ayuray I was over the moon. It was exactly what I needed and the fact it is dyed with natural dyes and scented with herbs and spices was a huge added bonus. The mat is absolutely perfect. I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks and it fills me with joy each time I unroll it. You can see all the work that’s gone into it each detail and the slight variations in each thread depending on how they’ve picked up the dye. A beautiful reminder of beauty in diversity. It takes a little while to adjust away from a sticky mat, but I even love the way it makes me think more carefully about the placement of my hands and feet and balance, adding another dimension of mindfulness and attentiveness to my practice. Thank you to Ayuray and the skilled artisans who craft these pieces. It truly is an honour to practise on such a beautiful work of art.
Love the mat !
Great mat... highly recommended for the yogis
Absolutely love this mat! It feels more natural than a rubber mat. Love the passion behind this brand! Thank you!
I love the feel of this mat for yoga, it is very grounding and soothing. It makes me feel connected to earth and the blue reminds of water, keeping my energy flow throughout the practice.