Unisex Harem Pants - Aloe Vera
Our unisex harem pants are effortless and can be paired with almost anything. They’re also perfect for long plane or road trips as they can be rolled down small to save space when packing. Harem pants have an elastic waistband and drawstring with beads at the bottom. Our fabric is lightweight but durable, it dries quickly, has a soft texture that’s comfortable against your skin, making it ideal for travel.
How is it made?
No synthetics, no chemicals, or nasties!
Made with natural fibers - Organic cotton that is comfortable to wear with a soft texture, high absorbency, and quick drying. These natural fibers are infused with the goodness of ayurvedic herbs. Great for your skin and our planet.
The herbal infusion provides therapeutic benefits and a calming effect on your body and mind. The mellow soothing natural colors result from the herbal blend made from 20-25 different herbs.
Primary herbs used in dyeing the fabric include:
Red Sandalwood is an excellent skin conditioner that soothes your skin and is a primary for reddish hues.
Haldi / Turmeric
Among all the medicinal plants, few possess the therapeutic qualities that Turmeric provides. This versatile herb/root has been in use for many centuries in various ayurvedic formulations that can be taken internally or applied externally to treat a myriad of diseases and ailments. The most well-known medicinal action of turmeric is its use as a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Aloe Vera - known to be an excellent anti-inflammatory herb that calms, soothes your skin.
How to care for the fabric?
These fabrics are treated with a unique natural dyeing process. Over time these colors will evolve adding character to the beauty of the garment.
- Pre-wash before wear. with cold water, separately from other colors.
- Darker shades will migrate during the first 2-3 washes.
- Wash with mild detergent at 30 deg C.
- Hand wash or Gentle Cycle
- Do not bleach or dry clean or use a stain remover.
- Turn it inside out & line dry in shade, away from direct sunlight
Impact of your choice:
- Primarily it promotes wellness and protects, as your skin is wrapped around with ayurvedic herbs which have therapeutic properties.
- A choice that avoids petroleum-based raw materials - synthetic fibers, synthetic dyes, bleaches, mordants, finishing materials. All of these synthetics are contributors to the pollution of land and water bodies.
- The ayurvedic dyeing process is completely manual (no use of electricity). The sediments and water used in the process are used as manure and irrigating the farm at the dye house.
- Stable livelihood for the artisans and support for the cottage industry is essential for equitable growth and promoting slow fashion. We work with partners